Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wings, Tails and Banners Are Not Targets

If like me, you play using miniatures that have large (perhaps impressive) banners held aloft, or maybe huge pinioned wings on your monstrous creatures and other miniatures, then I'd like to take a moment to remind you (and myself!) of a rule from the 5th edition rulebook:

Page 16, under "Check line of sight & Pick a target":
"...Sometimes, all that may be visible of a model is a weapon, an antenna, a banner or some other ornament he is wearing or carrying (including its wings and tail, even though they are technically part of its body). In these cases, the model is not visible. These rules are intended to ensure that models don't get penalised for having impressive standards, blades, guns, majestic wings, etc."

I've been caught out by not knowing this rule a couple of times over the past few months and let opponents target miniatures with these attributes. I thought it seemed fair to let them target wings -- those parts are flesh and blood after all. Banners and swords held up high have always been somewhat dubious targets to me though. But there we have it - none of them are valid targets.

2 comments:

Barjack said...

Ive had to Explain that rule to a few people ive played against just because my banner is the size of a notecard doesn't mean you can kill him if he is behind a five inch hill.

John Gaszak said...

This is a great rule to remember as I have also had my winged daemons shot because part of a wing was sticking out from behind a tree.

Thanks for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries