Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Planetary Empires: Ruins Tile

The ruins tile from planetary empires features a pseudo city-scape that has been razed to the ground. Around the remains of the city lie scattered bits of rubble, dross and detritus. With this tile, I've attempted to blend in the general feeling of the ruins with a more verdant surrounding (largely to match up to my other tiles which are mostly of a green planet).

Although the tile was mostly painted in a dry brush style, I tried to pay special attention to the remnants of the city walls. They have been subtly highlighted and blended with a range of grey colours to suggest they were either built or destroyed at different times, or are composed of different materials. I need to finish the tile by touching up around the edge of it in black, but otherwise its another job done.

2 comments:

Cawshis Clay said...

I like how they don't appear to be over grown yet...destroyed far enough back that rebuilding hasn't happened yet...but not so long ago that the green has started to take it over! Nicely done.

jabberjabber said...

Hi Cawshis Clay -- yes, you're right: it certainly does like like a recently ruined piece. I hadn't thought of it in that way (I was too busy trying to get the walls to stand out from the drybrushed black).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries