Thursday, September 30, 2010

Painted Slaanesh Possessed Marine / Sorcerer

The Wormtongued Slaaneshi marine was assembled a little while ago and has been sitting, staring at me waiting for a paint job ever since. He eventually got painted in the dead of the night (in between changing nappies) and so isn't quite as good as I wanted him to turn out.

The robe is a purple colour, highlighted (a little too much) in pure skull white. I think it is this aspect of the miniature that I find most disappointing -- the white lines should have turned out much, much thinner. I think I selected the wrong brush to paint with that night!

Not withstanding that, I like how the purple of the robe has turned out and am pleased with the reds of the head and arms. The power armour has been picked out in blacks and metallic colours and isn't too shabby at all. I think it would be a straight forward job to reduce the extent of the white robe edging and mark this miniature "pop" a little more.

4 comments:

DaveHowitzer said...

Looking good mate, you've identified the only critisism I really have, being the white. If you manage to fix that it will be looking mighty fine.

lil will said...

Love the model and the paint job and the base.

Where did you get the base?

jabberjabber said...

Hi Dave -- I think I need to limit my late night painting sessions to undercoats and basecoats only(!) The fix should be straight forward though.

jabberjabber said...

Hi lil will -- the base is a resin one from back 2 basix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries