Sunday, February 20, 2011

Purple Horror of Tzeentch

I can't say that I'm a particular fan of the "beaks" on some of the new plastic horror models.  Sure, it looks Tzeentch-like and all mutation-esque, but I'm just not a fan.  I saw that some other painters approached them by painting them in metallic colours, and I've tried to follow-suit here.  I'm actually half-tempted to paint a free-hand stylized Tzeentch symbol on to the beak to make it a bit more unique looking.

The rest of the miniature is painted in varying degrees of purple to almost an off-red or magenta highlight colour, with a blue tongue.  The feathers were picked out with bleached bone and the accessories with gold paint.  The claws are two-toned, but I might experiment with starting with a darker colour for the next miniature.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries