Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Old Bits Box Raiding

If you're like me, chances are you have a whole heap of spare bits from your collection over the years. Recently, I rediscovered one of my oldest bits boxes and up-ended it all to search through it for interesting bits that I might use for some of my new army build. 

And the picture below is of the tipped out bits!


If you needed an indicator of the age of some of these bits, you can see some of the really old (original) plastic space marines in the yellowish plastic, plus the front of the original rhino model. And scores of shield from skeletons and other miniatures. The white plastics are from elves and other assorted fantasy products. And there's a whole load of orks, eldar, space marine and other grey plastic bits from slightly latter years in there as well. Plus a turret mounted twin linked las cannon from a predator. I might have to do something with that. 

In the end, I found the bits I was interested in (left handed space marine arms that are doing anything other than merely supporting the front end of a bolter!), plus many other accessories besides.  Lots of fun digging through all this stuff regardless! 

2 comments:

eriochrome said...

Organization is key for kitbashing and bits storage.

http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2009/02/bit-box.html

Not that I do mush of this anymore but the bits are still there with space marines broken in generic, and chapter specific.

jabberjabber said...

I have actually done a more thorough sorting just like that for my later purchases -- its just the really ancient stuff like in this bits box that I haven't done it for. And to be honest, I just can't face doing it for all those old bits! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries