Sunday, November 2, 2014

Random Name Generator: Greek Sites


Today, I thought I'd try something a bit more adventurous. Following on from the various random name generator lists I've been toying with, I thought I'd have a go at trying to make a Greek sounding random location name generator.

From the outset, I'm going to emphasise that I'm not a native speaker of Greek!! I do have some classical training from many many years ago, but overall, I'm not going to vouch for how "Greek" these names might or might not come out as sounding to native Greek ears.

Here's the idea. Take an element from the first column (Element Alpha) and combine with EITHER an element from the third column (Element Omega), or an element from the second (Element Beta) AND third column (Element Omega).


Element Alpha
Element
Beta
Element Omega
A
Ac
A
Ab
Acter
Aca
Ach
And
Ae
An
Apo
Age
Ar
Bae
Ana
Cary
Cae
Des
Chry
Che
Dos
Cor
Chi
Dus
Dec
Dan
Ene
Ele
Delt
Essa
Eur
Den
Gora
Ger
Er
Ia
Gy
Geth
Inth
Hera
Hen
Kis
Ill
In
Kos
Ith
Iph
La
Kas
Ko
Lis
Leb
Lan
Ma
Lor
Mak
Me
Me
Man
Mos
My
Mo
Nae
Nau
Na
On
Ol
Nar
Os
Pan
O
Phon
Par
On
Pia
Pha
Phi
Polis
Pre
Phla
Pylae
Pser
Re
Ros
Ptol
Ron
Rya
Rho
Sil
Sos
Siph
So
Tas
Sy
Ssa
Tha
Sy
Sta
Thon
Ta
Th
Tia
Tau
Tor
Tis
Tha
Ve
Tus
Ther
Y
Us
Thra
Ymp
Ymna


Using this format, I'm able to generate names such as: Olympia; Rhodes; Caryanda; all of which are real Greek places, as well as invented others which are reasonably pleasing to my ears: Pserphlathon; Medeltus, Olmakene, etc. Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries