Friday, April 10, 2009

Epidemius Painting in Progress

A small posting today to show my Epidemius model painting-in-progress shot. I've been progressing nicely along with this model for a few months now. I've sometimes lost patience with it; at other times, made rapid progress.

The main areas that I'm most pleased with (so far) are:
(1) Epidemius' skin tone;
(2) Plaguesword and hourglass egg-timer;
(3) The wooden chair of the palanquin.

And here's the main areas that are giving me grief:
(1) The nurglings. I think it is the sheer number of them coupled with my desire that they shouldn't all be painted alike;
(2) The banner(s). I didn't attach one of the banners as it was highly fiddly. I'm going to re-read Ron's old post on what he did with pinning his version. The one that is there has a medieval styled flag rather than a Nurglesque slogan, or a tripartite of flies;
(3) Epidemius' horn needs to be a slightly different colour tone.

2 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I've been reworking those posts, I'm going to get the first part up today.
Nice job on this guy, after seeing the actual model up close I realise how much work goes into painting him.

jabberjabber said...

Epidemius certainly takes a long time to paint. He's been sat on the shelf, transferred to the painting desk, and back again numerous times over. I think I've still got work left to do on him.

Having seen your re-worked post, I'm tempted to have another go at the banners. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries