Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Imperial Ruins Project - II. Assembled Straight

The straight section of my Imperial Ruins from CNC miniatures scenery is now assembled, as pictured. I think that the hardest part was actually getting the bits out of the sprues and sand-papering the nubs and chads that remained on them. The material, although not dissimilar to balsa wood in density, is paper based (its MDF) which means that sand-papering is very effective (but time consuming).
In the picture, I've simply assembled the straight without actually glueing it together in any way. The joins are not so bad and it holds together well without any glueing at all. However, I will be using PVA glue to finish the job off. The building itself is reasonably sized -- the walkways are wide enough to take a 40mm sized based on it comfortably. I feel it is well suited to the gothic warhammer 40k background.

My plan for painting it includes adding some texture to the surface of the building by using some watered-down PVA glue and sand prior to the base-coat. Another update will follow once that stage has been done.

5 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Looks good. I have a number of their "Troop Landers" but none of the terrain yet. Sometime when I have more money may consider it again...

oni said...

Pretty cool. I've looked at CNC's stuff before, they seem like a great source for respectable terrain at a decent price.

Darkwynn said...

post pictures up when you have it painted. I have been seriously looking at this type of terrain but always have had second thoughts because never knew what it would truly look like.

jabberjabber said...

Hi Folks -- thanks for the comments! Stay tuned on this one as I'll be posting another couple of updates on texturing and painting...

Anton said...

looking cool so far I've a strange fetish for scenery so this is great for me ;)

on your next update could you put a model in the shot so I can get a feel for scale etc.. thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries