Sunday, August 1, 2010

Poll: Where do your battles take place?

I'm opening a poll today to hear about something I'd like to know more about. The question is this: Where do your battles take place?

There's clearly a lot of answers possible to this, so I've included a large number of options (and you can tick more than one).

Firstly, are your battles mostly set in an urban context (ruins or otherwise), a rural context (perhaps forests and woodlands), a jungle location (perhaps infested with early tyranid organisms), or a deserted place (lifeless rock, icy plains, or sandy hot desert)?

Then, what about the planet itself? Is it a city planet, a desolate rocky world, red planet, ice planet, verdant green planet (etc.), or something else entirely? Perhaps it is a forge world, a death world, a shrine world, or an agri planet? Or is it a maiden world or crone world as the Eldar might look at it? What about a tomb world, a dead planet (stripped by the tyranids perhaps?), a strongly volcanically active world, a hive planet, a space marine chapter home planet, a daemon planet deep in the Eye of Terror, a feral planet, or otherwise a civilized planet of some type or other?

Or perhaps it is something not mentioned here or in the poll? If so, please leave a comment!

I'll leave this poll open for two weeks and see what you come up with.

8 comments:

Grizzled Gorilla said...

Hey, what about deserts! I don't see desert on there. Boo Hiss Boo!

LOL. We play on a desert terrain with ruins and industrial complexes; the world is/was a mining operation for promethium.

At our FLGS we have a much larger variety of terrain. Usually ruins of some sort.

jabberjabber said...

I was hoping "deserted context" would cover that :)

sonsoftaurus said...

At home I have urban ruins, jungle/woodland hills, desert, as well as a bunch of trenches that don't see much use.

At the local store it's desert/canyons & ruins.

At the local club, there's a variety but primarily ruins and desert.

jabberjabber said...

What a great variety of scenery you have access to sonsoftaurus!

I confess, I hadn't thought of trenches.

Grizzled Gorilla said...

I thought you meant deserted and is "this place is deserted" i.e. not yet ruins....

John Lambshead said...

I mostly use urban or industrial of some sort. Trenches are also commonplace in my battles.

Anonymous said...

Well, lately my battles have taken place on a strange world with grounds like an Asian area rug and rock formations that looks an awful lot like beanie babies. . . .

Ordinarily, ruined imperial gothic buildings.

Bomster said...

I prefer a feudal world - so I can use my Mordheim ruins and spice them up a bit with some Mechanicum presence (like pipelines and tanks). Nothing says 40k like a mix of Middle Ages and industry...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries