Thursday, September 16, 2010

Painted Resin Bases

A batch of resin bases from back 2 basix, painted up all at the same time and to be used to mount up some of my new plastic Tzeentch horrors.

The bases were undercoated in black, and then drybrushed using dheneb stone. The stone colour was the applied in an even block to the raised portions of the ruins. In the recesses, ultramarine blue was applied followed by a deep blue inking. Nothing further was done to these blue parts. For the raised areas, a wash of sepia was applied. Highlighting of the edges was achieved with a mixture of dheneb stone and skull white. I will (as a final step once the miniature is attached) go around the bevelled area of the base in chaos black to finish off the appearance by getting rid of stray dry brush strokes.

Previous examples of this type of base can be seen on my older Tzeentch horror miniatures. The new bases are an iteration of that paint scheme, but updated a little so that they appear different to the previous ones. I may apply some static grass eventually, but that is a tale for another day.

2 comments:

John Lambshead said...

I am a great fan of resin bases partly because of appearance and partly because they lower the centre of gravity of the model. The blue on those is very effective. I use similar bases for my Tzeentch models but I have gone for a lava-look.

jabberjabber said...

Hi John -- I do like your lava bases! They really suit your horrors very well. I'm hoping the blue on my bases will serve as a nice accent to the colours that I intend to paint my horrors in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries