Saturday, November 13, 2010

Shadow Sword: Part X. Las Cannon Highlighting and Finishing

The Las Cannons for my Shadow Sword are now essentially complete.

Painting-wise, I've gone around the sharp corners of the las cannon turrets with (a medium thickness) mechrite red followed by a thin line of blazing orange. The washed bleached bone has had a hexagon of pure bone colour applied around the edge, but that is all -- the wash itself remains un-adulterated. The boltgun metal has been touched up and highlighted appropriately, but not excessively and the searchlight got a coat of pure white followed by yellow (the pure white coat is there to ensure the yellow remains looking vivid).

The last step was to pick out each and every nut and bolt with blazing orange. I intend to replicate this step on the entire tank and perhaps add a final wash to be suggestive of some rusting. I may even add a few runny oil marks as I did on my Verdus Prime necrons. With all those bolts to be highlighted, I've got my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries