Friday, March 25, 2011

World Eater Conversion: I. The Build.

Inspired by a posting from Adam over at Space Wolves, I decided to put together a conversion for a World Eaters character to lead a squad of Khorne Berzerkers.  Although I've already got Kharn and a neat looking possessee who could step in to the roles, I really wanted something that looked intimidating, could fit in with the other berzerkers and, frankly, old school looking.

Following Adam's post, I've used a chaos warrior body from warhammer fantasy which I chopped at just below the belt.  To that, I glued a pair of standard space marine legs. The arms are from a bloodletter (the hellblade will count as a power weapon for this character!) and a bolt pistol.  The only issue are the elbows: all four of them.  This can be disguised by some careful posing of the miniature though.  The head is a standard berzerker, whilst the backpack is taken from an old (and broken) warp hornets marine.   To attach the backpack, the cloak needed a small file-down so that the pack could sit flush against the shoulders. 

In the next post, I'll show the final painted version of this fellow.

2 comments:

Tristan M said...

he looks brilliant mate, can't wait to see some paint on him.

jabberjabber said...

Paint work coming up as the next post... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries