Friday, April 22, 2011

Daemon Prince Basecoated

This daemon prince conversion was started quite a long time ago, but I paused in applying paint to him as I was not quite certain what direction to take him in.  In the end, I opted for a red colour scheme as can be seen from the image.

The mechrite red is suggestive of Khorne at this stage.  But I think that the prince could easily represent most generic princes of chaos undivided, as well as certain Slaanesh and Tzeentch ones in certain lights.  I think the only flavour of prince that won't immediately work for this guy is Nurgle.  But that isn't a problem given that I have an awesome Nurgle Daemon Prince already.

In the first layer, I've applied a black undercoat and added a layer of mechrite red to the flesh and wings, some grey to the shoulder and the sword hilt plus pommel and given the power fist a bit of a drybrush with bolt gun metal.  The bolt gun metal stage will probably need going over a bit more at a future stage.  Speaking of which, the next steps will be to wash / ink the beast in a manner not dissimilar to my soul grinder and bloodletter possessee.  More on this chap at a later date.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries