Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dreadnought Repairs

Alas, my rust-themed Deathguard Dreadnought took a tumble off a table top recently which resulted in some ... accelerated decay.  Being made of resin, the brittle nature of the substance came through as the upper body smashed in to the floor, resulting in a snap.  Luckily for me, the snap was quite clean -- there was only the one bit that snapped off (the dreadnought arm, pictured). 

To fix it, I ended up having to pin the arm back on to the torso.  Drilling resin for a pin (at least at these widths) is certainly a challenge for those with hand wobbles.  But, two reasonably deep holes later, and the pin was in place.  A spot of super glue and the two pieces merged (nearly seamlessly, in fact) together again (see the second image).  I got lucky this time I think.  But that got me thinking: maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have this happen to any Death Guard model -- the presence of a snap or two that is put back together in a semi-hap-hazard manner could accentuate the feeling of the miniature.  The next time this happens (hopefully not, ... but if it does) I might try out this thought!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries