Monday, June 23, 2014

Games Workshop Portsmouth

Recently, I travelled to Portsmouth and Southsea with my work. Its on the very Southern coast of  England for those that don't know the local geography, and looks out to the Isle of Wight and the English Channel. And since I'm in the habit of now reviewing Games Workshops whenever and wherever I travel, I thought I would seek out the Portsmouth store of Games Workshop.


Physically, the store is located on Arundel Street, which is only a 5 min walk from the Portsmouth and Southsea railway station. It is well serviced with connecting buses (it seems) from nearby stops and is amongst the main shopping precinct of Portsmouth, making is very accessible to dedicated gamers and casual shoppers alike.

The size of the store is wider than the recent English stores I've visited, but then, I don't think it has quite the depth of (e.g.) Durham. The gaming tables inside were suitably dressed up and the main theme of the store when I visited was to do with the release of 7th edition (naturally). Indeed, you can see posters advertising 7th, and glimpse a few pages of the rules inside the window. The miniatures on display were all great. But I never did catch the name of the employee I was chatting with (apologies if its you and you are miraculously reading this - I was the guy with the accent that didn't fit in - you know the slightly Aussie/British accent! lol!).

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

That's my local store, they seem a good bunch everytime I've purchased some stuff and got invites to Veterans Night. Sadly I am away often (at sea)...

jabberjabber said...

Hey Siph -- I think I should start posting which store I'm going to review next in advance :) So many bloggers write to tell me when I do their local store!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries