Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Genuinely Excited about Age of Sigmar

The title says it all. I've been reading the leaks online (I won't link to them here, you're just as capable as I am to find them). I really like what I'm seeing.

This is a complete and utter reboot. It feels gloriously new and exciting. The doors are swinging wide open on this new play style, new rules set, and new armies.

I'm particularly intrigued by the war scrolls. I wonder how plaguebearers, bloodletters and the like are going to play?


Other tid bits that I liked (in no particular order):
* bases and base shapes don't matter (hexagonal anyone?!)
* battles take place in one of seven realms (have we been told about all of them yet? I can see fire, but nothing else?). So many modelling opportunities there!
* Mysterious terrain rules are core rules.
* Magic system seems much more simplified!

Overall, it feels just like when I originally got the old Warhammer rule book all those years ago. Something incredibly new, exciting, and probably worth pursuing!

Equally: the lower complexity level and lack of army books could lead to accusations to it being too simple a game compared to its predecessor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries