Friday, June 2, 2017

Land Speeder Raider Ahoy!

Is it a Land Speeder?

Is it a Land Raider?

Is it the offspring of both brought about by mechanicum heresy development? Is Cawl a secret traitor to the omnissiah? What the?

Of course, I refer to the recently announce "Repulsor". What a name it has for a start!

The image above is taken from the Warhammer Community. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this new tank to be honest. On the one hand, it is really nice for the Space Marines to have something new to toy about with. On the other hand, there's a lot of other factions that could use some love right now. And, I'm not sure how this fits in to the background materials at all given that the Grim Dark of the far flung future was all about the stagnation of technology, rather than the invention of new things and combining older machines and ideas together to forge something brand new. 

None the less, the Repulsor appears to be joining us very soon. I think it looks a bit blocky myself, but I can see aspects of land raiders, land speeders and a few other bits beyond that in the tank. I think it looks very powerful with those las cannons ... and are they frag launchers we are seeing on the side or something else that is new entirely? I cannot quite make my mind up on that. 

So, full marks for surprising us still. Less marks as I'm yet to read the background materials to see how it all fits in. Somehow. 

1 comment:

WestRider said...

It's a Speed Raider!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook

Sequestered Industries